D versionning

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Mon Jul 16 13:45:10 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 15 July 2012 at 23:15:29 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On 15/07/2012 23:36, SomeDude wrote:
> Well bug will be fixed for sure.
>
> But, as explained, as new feature are also introduced, bug will
> also be introduced.
>
> This is why stable release is never reached.

I ended up changing my mind, but only if the minor releases don't
get distanced by the major releases, i.e if the features that
have proven to be stabilized after a while end up being merged in
the stable branch, i.e the stable branch is not frozen.

This way, the stable branch and the dev branch don't diverge to
the point that there effectively become two versions of the same
language.