Progress on std.container

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jul 16 15:41:23 PDT 2012

On 7/16/12 4:19 AM, Matthias Walter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know who is currently working on std.container - at some
> point I read that Andrei works on user-controlled allocation and then
> the issues of container structures will be addressed. Unforntunately, at
> the moment std.container.Array is unusable for me because of missing
> const Range (8248) and impossible arrays of arrays (6153).
>
> Is there a way to see how far this development is? Can one contribute
> somehow? I would offer to contribute but only on a basis where the
> general design is fixed (e.g. there is a reference implementation for a
> certain container) to add other missing containers.

I'm the bottleneck for that. My list of actual work (aside from my
duties as phobos/druntime/tools/dlang.org curator) is:

1. Put std.benchmark through the review process

2. Define allocators

3. Integrate allocators with std.container

If you have fixes for std.container that are faraway from allocation
issues, I think it's safe to propose them as pull requests. I assume the
advent of allocators will be a uniform additive changes for all containers.

Thanks,

Andrei