std.algorithm imporvments

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jul 17 10:19:06 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:47:50 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 7/17/12 4:41 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
> > On Monday, 16 July 2012 at 22:42:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Wow, this is awesome. Did you discover that by inspection or by
> >> testing? I think a "malicious input range" would be a great tool for
> >> assessing which algorithms fail on input ranges.
> >>
> >> Andrei
> >
> > The first I discovered testing with a "ConsumableRange",
> > actually. The second, I found by inspection.
> >
> > I'll correct those two issues myself, but I don't feel
> > comfortable with the other issues.
>
> You may want to submit them as bug requests. Thanks!

Yes. Please do. It's on my todo list to improve std.algorithm and std.range's
tests (particularly for reference type ranges), and I've gotten started on it,
but it could take a while to get it all done, and anything that you find will
be valuable in not only figuring out what needs fixing but also in figuring out
what needs better testing.

bugzilla: http://d.puremagic.com/issues

- Jonathan M Davis