Just where has this language gone wrong?

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Thu Jul 19 08:16:09 PDT 2012

On 07/19/2012 04:39 PM, Petr Janda wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 July 2012 at 14:31:53 UTC, travert at phare.normalesup.org
> (Christophe Travert) wrote:
>> "q66" , dans le message (digitalmars.D:172716), a écrit :
>>> (so instead of calling a(b(c(d(e(f))))) you can just call a.b.c.d.e.f())
>>
>> rather f.e.d.c.b.a, if you omit the empty parenthesis after each letter
>> (but f).
>
> Ok, but the empty parenthesis is is important,

It is not.

> it tells you about whether it's a an object or a function.

(No, it does not. And even if it would, )

There is usually nothing that makes this distinction terribly
important.

Furthermore, to learn the meaning of a symbol, being able to look at its
documentation or declaration is fully sufficient / required.

> It's another thing I hate about Ruby is that a parenthesis enforcement
> is weak.

I take that to mean you dislike ruby's function call syntax. That is a
very poor thing to dislike, there is no objective justification for it.