Add CTFE execute function

Chang Long changlon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:08:14 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 29 May 2012 at 09:46:54 UTC, Don Clugston wrote:
> On 28/05/12 03:40, Chang Long wrote:
>> On Saturday, 26 May 2012 at 15:56:38 UTC, Chang Long wrote:
>>> CTFE execute will be very useful on web develop, for example
>>> It is
>>> very hard to create a CTFE version template engine with rich
>>> feature.
>>> But we can use execute call to transe template file to d code
>>> string,
>>> then mixed it to application.
>>>
>>> The vibed project is very cool and I want to add my Jade
>>> template to
>>> this, but I can't find other way to do it.
>
> You can do a lot with import(filename);
>

>>> Maybe we also need a compiler option to enable this CTFE io
>>> operate
>>> because security.
>>
>> Let me make myself more clear, what I suggestion is something
>> like this:
>>
>> mixin( std.process.execute("/usr/bin/template_engine
>> template_file_path.htm") );

When translate the template code to D code,  need a lot D type
arguments information.  And one Web application may need very
many page,  and the type may change frequently.  If I am not
doing it on the CTFE will geometric increase workload.

If D want to be participants in the web field,  I think that this
feature sooner or later will be needed.