Just where has this language gone wrong?

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Sat Jul 21 14:14:12 PDT 2012

Let me just add, I really *like* the terse syntax of D. Lambdas,
uniform function call syntax, and so on.

Although the most important difference between C++ and D, in my
opinion, is the absence of the damn #include statement!! That
archaic assembly-language-inspired way of cramming billions of
lines of code into a single text document; then compiling it; and
then bitching about redefined symbols and incompatibilities
between headers has caused me more hours of hair-tearing
frustration than any single other language "feature".

Garbage-collection I can live without. Closures, properties and
events I really miss when they're not available. But header files
were the single worst thing to ever befall coders.