OSCON 2012 notes

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jul 21 14:48:57 PDT 2012

On 7/21/12 4:17 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> What do you mean by "make it easy to assemble Vladimir's and Adam's web
> libraries from preexisting parts"?

I mean putting much of their work in std, such that people can write
their own Web/NNTP/CGI/etc stuff with much less code than they had to write.

> A couple months ago I had a little bit of free time and used it to work
> on a custom...uhh...*cough* "not-a-blog" system I've been putting
> together for myself. I used the combination of:
>
> - Vibe.d's CGI library and HTTP server
>
> - simendsjo's fork of Steve Teale's native MySQL library:
>    https://github.com/simendsjo/mysqln/tree/misc-cleanups  (Actually, I
>    think this is included in Vibe.d now?)
>
> - Adam's HTML DOM (And I cached partial and full results in memory, of
>    course, so I wasn't DOMming it up on every request)
>
> It was working out BEAUTIFULLY for me, at least until I ran out of
> free time and had to leave it unfinished :(

A feeling experienced by me all too often. My point is instead of having
people buy these batteries, charging them by hand, and connecting them
via diodes, to integrate the batteries with std.

Andrei