Time for std.reflection

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 21 14:51:30 PDT 2012

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 17:44:51 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> With this design we unify compile-time and run-time type manipulation in
> simple ways, by defining structured information about declarations that
> can be queried during compilation or dynamically.
>
> Please chime in with thoughts.

Are you proposing that we replace std.traits or that std.reflection be built on
top of it?

Having std.reflection will be awesome for a lot of stuff - particularly the more
complicated stuff - and would be a great addition to Phobos, but it seems like
overkill for a lot of basic template constraints, so I wouldn't want to see it
replace std.traits.

- Jonathan M Davis