Optional name mangling

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:27:20 PDT 2012

On 7/22/2012 6:18 AM, Stuart wrote:

> In any event, yes, my question is still relevant. What if I want to call
> some other API function? Or OpenGL? Or something I wrote in C++ with
> "extern(C)" linkage? (Something I do from time to time)

The Deimos project[1] provides a number of bindings to C libraries in a
manner that requires compile-time linkage (using static libraries or
import libraries as the case may be). Derelict[2] is a set of bindings
to C libraries (including OpenGL) that loads the libraries at runtime
(via LoadLibrary on Windows and dlopen elsewhere).

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos
[2] https://github.com/aldacron/Derelict3