OSCON 2012 notes

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Sat Jul 21 22:21:56 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 14:08:48 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 13:47:06 UTC, Michel Fortin wrote:
>> The web is a low-hanging fruit for D.
>
> Yea, I've been eating that fruit for years.

+1

Web development with D is quite easy and very enjoyable.
With Adam's work it even more easier.

I've done couple projects already with some of personal and
Adam's stuff.

Also I've try out a bit with Vibe.d, Adam's stuff, Serenity and
they give the feel of php-like capabilities but I think it would
be better to get something like Ruby on Rails, Django or
Whatever-php-framework-you-may-use that allows Rapid Web
Development.

While making basic stuff like databases support, CGI/FCGI support
etc to Phobos seems fine to me,

I think that creating specialized D framework for web development
would be better idea (and for sure it shouldn't be placed in
standard library).