Just where has this language gone wrong?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Jul 22 14:15:06 PDT 2012

Am 22.07.2012 21:28, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:24:19 +0200
> Paulo Pinto<pjmlp at progtools.org>  wrote:
>
>> Am 22.07.2012 00:16, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
>>>>

>>> Yea. I used Java in college and ever since then I've been a fan of
>>> non-verbose systax - ie syntax that's the *opposite* of Java ;)
>>>

>> Actually that verbose sintax is quite helpful when dealing with
>> gigantic code bases in big corporation projects like where I work.
>>
>> The type of "programmer clogs" we have in our projects are so low
>> skill, that I have bad dreams what they could do in more powerfull
>> languages.
>>
>> Already C# is highly advanced for some of them!
>>

> Yea, I've dealt with far too many such "programmers" myself. I'm
> convinced, no hyperbole, that such people need to be unemployed (I hear
> McDonald's is always looking for mindless drones.) All they ever do is
> fuck things up, get in the way, make 100x more work for the rest of us,
> and collect a salary for THAT. And then get promoted to management
> where they can do even more damage (at least it gets their inept,
> retarded ass out of the fucking codebase).

Actually in our case it is because management only wants to pay for
cheap developers, to avoid having project costs too high.

When things go wrong, then some of us need to play fireman to bring the
project back into safe waters, but hey at least on the official
expenses, the project is still "cheap".

--
Paulo