Just where has this language gone wrong?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Jul 22 21:50:50 PDT 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:15:06 +0200
Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:

> Am 22.07.2012 21:28, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
> > On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:24:19 +0200
> > Paulo Pinto<pjmlp at progtools.org>  wrote:

> >> Actually that verbose sintax is quite helpful when dealing with
> >> gigantic code bases in big corporation projects like where I work.
> >>
> >> The type of "programmer clogs" we have in our projects are so low
> >> skill, that I have bad dreams what they could do in more powerfull
> >> languages.
> >>
> >> Already C# is highly advanced for some of them!
> >>

> > Yea, I've dealt with far too many such "programmers" myself. I'm
> > convinced, no hyperbole, that such people need to be unemployed (I
> > hear McDonald's is always looking for mindless drones.) All they
> > ever do is fuck things up, get in the way, make 100x more work for
> > the rest of us, and collect a salary for THAT. And then get
> > promoted to management where they can do even more damage (at least
> > it gets their inept, retarded ass out of the fucking codebase).
> >

> Actually in our case it is because management only wants to pay for
> cheap developers, to avoid having project costs too high.

Perhaps I forgot to mention that 90% of managers belong under the same
semitruck tire as the rest of the HR folks and Java/PHP monkeys ;)

Besides, a manager's role is administration, ie shitwork: Their job is
to enable the REAL talent to do the REAL work, make sure they have what
they need to do it, and then get the fuck out of the way. And maybe
keep the sales monkeys in line with a good caning every now and then.

But when a manager either oversteps those boundaries, or get even just
gets paid *as* much as the real workers (let alone more), then they
belong locked in a cell. What I'm *not* sure about is whether the cell
should be the padded or concrete variety...Meh, I suppose I don't care
which as long as they're no longer damaging society.