Time for std.reflection

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 23:53:08 PDT 2012

On 23-Jul-12 10:47, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

>>> Ah! I wish.
>>>
>>> I had this wonderful idea of having code be parsed at CT, semantically
>>> analyzed, transformed into some machine code at CT and... , oh wait.
>>

>> I kind of did it...
>> regex pattern  ---parse---> bytecode ---generate D code---> profit.
>>
>> BTW you can avoid machine code, just use D code as glorified backend :)
>> (and get optimizations for free, yay!)
>
> Hey, that was a joke, about implementing a D compiler in D, to be
> executed at CT by the real D compiler to basically do its job a second
> time, only worse :)

Yeah, now I think I got it. Could be a nice benchmark for CTFE though :)

> But yes, your regex work is a great example. I should have a look at
> the code once more.

I'd advice to wait a bit ... it's not really in a good shape (to read
it) as there have been tons of improvements in CTFE since the last time
I've touched it. I'll have to revisit it and remove some roundabout
workarounds.

--
Dmitry Olshansky