Formal request to remove "put(OutRange, RangeOfElements)"

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 23 14:15:16 PDT 2012

On Monday, July 23, 2012 17:33:07 monarch_dodra wrote:
> Maybe I should put this request elsewhere? I'm not sure if there
> is a place where I should put this?
>
> I know this is not a very exciting issue, but I think it is a
> very important to resolve, preferably sooner than later.
>
> Maybe I'll try to help kick start this by listing all the modules
> that would need to be changed?

If you've found a bug, then report it bugzilla. If you have an issue that
needs discussion, then this is the right place. It's just that you don't
always get people responding, especially if it's a complicated topic (and the
fact that it's summer right now probably doesn't help due to an increased
number of people on vacation). Personally, I intend to read through this and
respond, but it's the sort of thing that obviously needs to be read through
and thought through carefully before discussing, and I haven't had the chance
to do that yet.

- Jonathan M Davis