Just where has this language gone wrong?

Chris NS ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:40:13 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 24 July 2012 at 02:51:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Reminds of a certain individual who shall remain unnamed, with
> whom I
> argued about why he should *not* implement IPv6 prefix checking
> by
> converting the address and prefixes to strings and then using
> strncmp()... Truly boggles the mind.

I'm reminded of a close friend of mine... once he was asked to
review some code, after the sole author had spent a few weeks on
it.  I was lucky (?) enough to be in the room to hear him
actually say: "That's... cute.  Not *wise* but cute.  Do you
remember what functions are?"  I don't recall there being a
response.

-- Chris NS