Study: build times for D programs

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Tue Jul 24 08:22:38 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 24 July 2012 at 15:06:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Nevertheless, I think there is value in the study. We're
> looking at a real nontrivial application that wasn't written
> for a study, but for actual use, and that implements the same
> design and same functionality in both languages.

OK. And it could serve as a basis for further variations:

* introduce some feature (e.g., ranges), measure impact
* measure impact of multiple features alone and in combination

Of course, trivial changes would unlikely yield anything useful,
but I believe there is a way to produce valuable data in a
controlled research.