Take and website

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jul 24 10:43:25 PDT 2012

On 7/24/2012 10:10 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am wondering if the examples at
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html#take need some attention. As far
> as I can see they only work because the input is a list. If you take
> from the result of an algorithm such as recurrence then you have to
> explicitly create an array from the result of the take in order for the
> [] operator to be defined.

I don't know about that specifically, but I've been trying to do some range
based programs and have found that Phobos in general needs to be gone through
and "range-ified".

Ranges are a huge deal for D, perhaps even a killer feature, and Phobos ought to
be a showcase for them (like STL is for C++).

(Why a killer feature? Ranges make "snap together" component programming
actually work in D.)