Take and website

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:47:42 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 14:21 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[…]
> I must have gotten a bit too used to it, but I think that's quite a
> basic reality imposed by the types involved... yes, that's as clear as
> xyz = 4.5 only works if xyz is of some certain types.

I think the point here is that the type of the underlying data structure
passes through the various "wrappers". This definitely is not a problem
as long as it is clear to the programmer. The current examples are fine
but just not giving wide enough coverage to make this point.

> Anyhow, an example that shows how to print the nth Fibonacci number will
> be helpful. Could I impose on you to write a pull request?

Having raised the issue, I am duty bound to deliver :-) But it may take
a while. Not Deep Though type "a while", but a few days.

Is the website documentation generated from the Phobos source or is it a
separate  repository? (He says giving away his green-ness at the D
community infrastructure!)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk