[OT] Good^H^H^H^HAcceptable NG/email client?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Jul 24 21:12:23 PDT 2012

Couple months ago I came across ClawsMail which, at first,
seemed to actually be good enough to finally pull me away from Outlook
Express. Which was nice because I was getting really tired of OE's
issues: lack of spellcheck, can't send unicode, proprietary storage
format, certin NG postings only show up as blank posts with the content
as an attachment, and some other smaller issues. Because of that, I was
even willing put up with ClawsMail's use of that wretched GTK.

But aside from a few (umm, actually a LOT of) smaller quibbles with
ClawsMail that I'd been willing to overlook, I'm now noticing some
major flaws when typing a message:

1. Word wrap is a joke. Ie, it never
re-flows. Line lengths just keep shrinking as you edit. I
constantly have to rejoin partial lines of text. PITA.

2. Undo is *completely* broken. Period. Sometimes it works right. And
then sometimes it just starts trampling random parts of your text
*instead* of undoing whatever change you *just made*. Redo doesn't
always seem reliable either.

Thunderbird's gone nowhere but downhill last number of
years, just like Firefox. And I'm not a fan of Opera, and Win7's mail
program sucks.

Anyone know of a NG/email client, available on Win (preferably cross
platform
- I do want to switch to Lin eventually) that isn't shit?