[OT] Good^H^H^H^HAcceptable NG/email client?

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Wed Jul 25 01:30:00 PDT 2012

On 25/07/2012 05:12, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
[snip]
> Anyone know of a NG/email client, available on Win (preferably cross
> platform
> - I do want to switch to Lin eventually) that isn't shit?

Once upon a time, I used Emacs over telnet to check mail/news on my uni
account from my parents place where there was only rural backwater
dail-up (that was still billed per minute!) Overall I would not
recommend the experience, but I did grow fond of the Emacs mail mode and
used it exclusively for the rest of my time at uni. Chances are it has
improved since then, but perhaps you can find a version of Emacs from
[REDACTED] on the wayback machine?

A...