[OT] Good^H^H^H^HAcceptable NG/email client?

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Wed Jul 25 01:38:41 PDT 2012

On 25/07/2012 09:30, Alix Pexton wrote:
> On 25/07/2012 05:12, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> [snip]
>> Anyone know of a NG/email client, available on Win (preferably cross
>> platform
>> - I do want to switch to Lin eventually) that isn't shit?
>>

> Once upon a time, I used Emacs over telnet to check mail/news on my uni
> account from my parents place where there was only rural backwater
> dail-up (that was still billed per minute!) Overall I would not
> recommend the experience, but I did grow fond of the Emacs mail mode and
> used it exclusively for the rest of my time at uni. Chances are it has
> improved since then, but perhaps you can find a version of Emacs from
> [REDACTED] on the wayback machine?
>
> A...

PS

I've just gone right off Thunderbird (which I only use for news) as its
just reported posting failures that were not failures, hence my double
posts, and no longer allows me to delete my own messages from the NG!

/em goes to download Emacs!