phobos breakage... why?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jul 25 10:29:51 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 19:24:05 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I was just playing with the beta, and got this among the
> sea of errors:
>
> arsd/cgi.d(898): Error: function std.algorithm.indexOf!("a ==
> b",ubyte[],string).indexOf is deprecated
>

> Why was that taken out? If you ask me, the root cause of D's
> perceived stability problem has little to do with bugs. It
> is 95% phobos devs removing functionality at random. Why do we
> keep doing this?

Andrei scheduled that for deprecation ages ago. It just wasn't actually
deprecated when it was supposed to be. As the documentation says, the problem
was that it was just too easily confused with std.string.indexOf which is
subtlely different. countUntil is its replacement and has been around for quite
some time. Just rename the function call, and it should work.

- Jonathan M Davis