Multi-threaded GUI

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Jul 26 03:39:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 14:33 +0400, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
[…]
> I totally agree with separation of GUI and logic. The problem is, that the
> engine should be generic, so there's no way of determining whether the
> incoming handler is big enough for a thread or not.

But the engine should not be making those decisions, they have to be
made by the callback.

> What is Microsoft's MVP variant of MVC?

Google is your friend ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93presenter
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/288928/Differences-between-MVC-and-MVP-for-Beginners
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2056/what-are-mvp-and-mvc-and-what-is-the-difference

Sadly there is also a lot of real rubbish on the Web purporting to be
quality information, as is highlighted in one or two of the answers on
StackOverflow :-(

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk