I just have to say that string mixins rock

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jul 26 12:04:13 PDT 2012

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 20:52:09 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-07-26 20:47, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > However, I _was_ pleasantly surprised the other day when I figured out the
> > other day that someone had already created a D parser for YAML (
> > https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-YAML ). I needefd one and was expecting to
> > have to write it (which I was actually kind of looking forward to, since
> > I love parsers, but it's nice to have it without having to do all of the
> > work to get it - especially when I'm already short on time). So, there
> > are at least _some_ libraries written in D which are floating around,
> > just nowhere near enough.
> More time for the D lexer/parser then :)

That's part of why I started it. I was getting all ready to write a parser and
then figured out that I didn't need it. I was itching to write one and didn't
have one to write. So, I started on the D lexer, and I've ended up spending
time on it when I really should have been working on other projects (like the
h.264 header editor that I've been working on in order to generate test cases
for the C++ h.264 header parser that I maintain at work). I've had to put the
lexer down for a few days, but I expect that I'll be back to it soon enough,
and it's already quite far along. It's going surprisingly quickly.

- Jonathan M Davis