Impressed

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:53:55 PDT 2012

> On Friday, July 27, 2012 02:46:20 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Friday, 27 July 2012 at 00:25:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>>> scope on local variables is going to be deprecated, because
>>> it's unsafe. scope
>>> on function parameters and scope statements are here to stay.
>>
>> There's also scope(exit), scope(success), and scope(failure),
>> which aren't going anywhere.
>
> Yeah. Those are scope statements.
>
> It's just scope on local variable declarations which is going away.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Stuart & other readers:

I just asked about this in the other thread, and Jonathan mentioned that
std.typecons.scoped can be used to accomplish the same thing.  So the
functionality isn't being removed; it's just being moved from the
language and into the library.

I think this is worth mentioning so that it doesn't look like we are
depriving folks of things that they had come to expect from D.