linking druntime in when C calls D and C implements main()

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Fri Jul 27 11:22:00 PDT 2012

Am Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:07:32 +0200
schrieb "Carl Sturtivant" <sturtivant at gmail.com>:

> Answer my own question: it seems that an explicit mention of
> phobos also brings in druntime so now linking works (new to this:
> thought those were two separate things).

They _are_ different projects, but we currently ship a libphobos2.a
which already contains libdruntime.a. But if you build druntime yourself
you'll get a libdruntime.a which can be used without phobos.

IIRC some time ago we shipped druntime & phobos as single libraries,
but that was changed for some reason. Once druntime & phobos work as
shared libraries we'll probably have to separate them again.