Impressed

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 27 12:19:51 PDT 2012

On Friday, July 27, 2012 21:09:25 Stuart wrote:
> On Friday, 27 July 2012 at 19:03:34 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Regardless, with where D is right now, there's no way that such
> > a feature would be added the language itself any time soon.
>
> What do you mean? Where *is* D at right now? Has development
> stopped? Is there a massive feature backlog?

We're specifically trying _not_ to add language features right now but rather
to stabilize the language and its implementation. We've added a few things
since the release of TDPL - mostly to resolve major issues that came up - but
with the release of TDPL, the language was supposed to have been effectively
frozen. We may add more backwards-compatible features once everything in TDPL
has been fully implemented and is reasonably stable, but at this point, new
language features need a _really_ good justification in order to be added.

- Jonathan M Davis