Impressed

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 20:06:51 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 02:38:47 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, July 28, 2012 04:31:40 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>> But note, even then, that D only targets 32-bit architectures
>> and up, while C can handle 16-bit architectures.
>
> True, but I'm kind of shocked that anything 16-bit even still
> exists. _32-bit_ is on its way out. I thought that 16-bit was
> dead _years_ ago. I guess that some embedded stuff must use it.
> But really, I wouldn't expect the lack of 16- bit support to be
> much of an impediment - if any at all - and in the long run,
> it'll mean absolutely nothing.

  The largest majority of computers and programs aren't what you
and me use on a computer, it's things that are everywhere and
they remain hidden. Your watch, your calculator, smart cards, CD
players, devices (Like CD-ROM drives). There are still 8bit chips
you can buy, program and use. For the main common computers, yes
32bit is going out of style.

http://www.mouser.com/Semiconductors/MCU-MPU-DSP-DSC-SoC-Processors/Microprocessors-MPU/_/N-6hpeh?Keyword=microprocessors&FS=True

  It's been a while since I looked over this list or catalog.