Impressed

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Sat Jul 28 01:07:45 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 07:58:23 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> On 27.07.2012 15:20, Stuart wrote:
>>
>> Yes, removing the .suo file fixed the problem. I don't know
>> why. I will create a ticket. Would submitting my .suo file
>> help?
>
> Yes, please do. Even though it is system specific, maybe I can
> find some information.

Done.

>> Well, it doesn't work in a lot of cases. A lot of times I'll
>> press . or ( and get nothing at all.
>
> Do you have semantic analysis enabled in the intellisense
> options? That is needed for '.' producing sensible results. In
> contrast '(' uses the compiler generated browse information. I
> guess that should be consolidated...

I didn't, but I do now. The status bar now says "blah blah
blah\gl.d: parsing" and has done for several minutes. Pressing .
after a variable of type WNDCLASS has no effect. Pressing ( has
no effect either.

Pressing . elsewhere sometimes shows intellisense. It all depends
on what is before the .

Pressing ( does nothing unless the function I am calling is
located within the same source file.

This is what I meant by "hit and miss". Also "blows" ;)