Review Queue: Should We Start Reviews Again?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 17:51:56 PDT 2012

Apparently nothing's been getting reviewed for inclusion in
Phobos lately, and the review queue has once again become fairly
long according to the wiki
(http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue).  I also noticed
that a new XML library is already in the review queue.

Is there some reason why none of this stuff is being reviewed?
If std.xml2 is really ready for review, we should review this
ASAP since XML processing is fundamental functionality for a
modern standard library in a high-level language.

IIRC the current std.xml's inadequacy was a major complaint that
Jacob Carolberg, the author of std.serialize, had.  Perhaps
when/if std.xml2 is accepted, he should modify std.serialize to
use it, and std.serialize should be next in the queue.