Review Queue: Should We Start Reviews Again?

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 11:31:02 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 29 July 2012 at 00:51:57 UTC, dsimcha wrote:

> If std.xml2 is really ready for review, we should review this
> ASAP since XML processing is fundamental functionality for a
> modern standard library in a high-level language.

I believe Michael put it "Ready for comments" as he is interested
in getting feedback to his work, not really ready for review. I
don't see Michael around the forums here much/at all, but have
contacted him via email on a number of occasions.

I don't believe the library is ready for review:

1. Documentation, very minimal and not on par with the standards
displayed in Phobos

2. There are a number of ways to parse XML and the method I've
been using has been getting heavily modified almost every time I
bring up an issue/request clarification.

So I highly suggest those interested in a D XML parser to try it
out and send feedback, or request that he pester more people to
critique it.

https://launchpad.net/~michael-rynn-500

I don't really know what I want (how it should fit into the D2
style). I pretty much just want to read some XML and be done with
it (actually I don't really want to do that either). As I've been
using this for some time I'm not in as much of a hurry as others
to get it into Phobos.