Incomprehensible compiler errors

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Mon Jul 30 09:31:05 PDT 2012

I'm trying to write an actual program in D, but no matter what I
do I get stupid errors that mean nothing to me. (Reminds me of
C++)

    Error 42: Symbol Undefined
    _D8infinity8standard7runtime4IApp4IApp11__InterfaceZ

Huh? This usually happens if I omit the module statement at the
top of EVERY DAMN FILE (why???) but in this case I haven't
omitted it, yet I'm still getting the error.

Also, I get the following error:

    Error 42: Symbol Undefined
    _D3dfl8internal6winapi12__ModuleInfoZ

The code producing this second error is:

	int Run() {
		import core.sys.windows.windows;
		import dfl.internal.winapi;
		MSG msg;
		while (GetMessageA(&msg, null, 0, 0)) {
			TranslateMessage(&msg);
			DispatchMessageA(&msg);
			if (msg.hwnd && !IsWindow(msg.hwnd)) break;
		}
		return 0;
	}

What the HELL is this "ModuleInfo", why is it necessary, why is
it always missing when a "module" statement is not present, and
why is it missing NOW?