Incomprehensible compiler errors

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Mon Jul 30 16:40:02 PDT 2012

On Monday, 30 July 2012 at 23:31:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> I empathize. The one thing that may be different is that the
> forums at forum.dlang.org tend to be a bit more responsive and
> to the point.

Well, perhaps someone can explain why I can't compile DFL?

I'm getting the same problem as
[http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/DFL_167579.html].
This forum post is over two months old, and yet nobody has fixed
the problem.

The suggested solutions either [a] didn't help or [b] didn't make
sense, depending.

>> It's really getting on my tits. Even using MFC is easier than
>> this.
>
> The irony there is that dmd has started as a Windows program.

I have no problem with DMD. DMD is a perfectly reasonable Windows
executable. I am objecting to the frustrating way DFL is
compile-it-yourself and doesn't work; and also the frustrating
way there isn't a single working IDE or GUI designer for D.