Incomprehensible compiler errors

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jul 30 20:19:02 PDT 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 7/30/12 7:32 PM, Stuart wrote:
>> On Monday, 30 July 2012 at 23:07:35 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>>> Take a look at the Rebol language.
>>
>> I took a quick look. It didn't look like anything suitable for
>> creating
>> native GUI applications. It looked totally insane.
>
> Yah, that came outta nowhere. I've also had a "wtfits" reaction.

It's a language born in 1997, and it's sometimes used as a more
modern replacement for TCL to create small programs with GUIs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebol

It semantics is clean, it has everything built-in, its syntax is
readable and very short. There are many persons that don't think
of it as insane. I have used it to quickly create GUIs for
programs written in other languages too.

And it doesn't spit mysterious linker errors. It's far simpler to
understand than D.

Bye,
bearophile