Let's stop parser Hell

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jul 31 14:20:17 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 23:10:37 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> Having std.lexer in Phobos would be quite good. With a pre-compiled lexer
> for D.

I'm actually quite far along with one now - one which is specifically written
and optimized for lexing D. I'll probably be done with it not too long after
the 2.060 release (though we'll see). Writing it has been going surprisingly
quickly actually, and I've already found some bugs in the spec as a result
(some of which have been fixed, some of which I still need to create pull
requests for). So, regardless of what happens with my lexer, at least the spec
will be more accurate.

- Jonathan M Davis