Incomprehensible compiler errors

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jul 31 18:10:29 PDT 2012

On 7/31/12 8:48 PM, Stuart wrote:
> I notice nobody else at all has objected to my being told to fuck off
> and stop wasting people's time. I guess it's okay for people to talk to
> me like that, yes?

I've also been surprised by Bernard's exaggerated reaction. Your vent
was not the most unreasonable out there. This is an unmoderated
newsgroup and although personal attacks do happen, they are very rare.

> I can just fuck off if everyone would rather. After this blatant abuse -
> which has gone unremarked, it seems - I'm seriously considering leaving.

Are you threatening to leave an online forum? Now this is exactly the
kind of immature thing that won't help any. No, personal attacks are not
welcome here, but you needn't have an emotional answer to a head hotter
than yours.

Andrei