Incomprehensible compiler errors

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:49:13 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 02:50:08 UTC, Stuart wrote:
> You'll apologise if telling me to fuck off and stop wasting
> everyone's time caused offence? Oooh, I dunno how likely that
> might be. I want no help from an unreasonable twat like you.

So far you're proving no better than him.

> If this kind of abuse is indicative of the "D community", I'll
> keep my help to myself.

Only the arrogant, confrontational ones invite this kind of abuse.

> Perhaps not, but he's certainly lowering my opinion of this
> forum and its members. I would like to point out AGAIN that my
> claim of a BSc in Software Engineering was not bragging; but
> simply a statement that I was not "ignorant" of the general
> principles of coding and of C/C++. I fail to see why it has
> immediately earned me large amounts of abuse.

One doesn't need to have an education in programming to know how
the C++ compilation model works, and having a BSc in Software
Engineering does not mean one necessarily knows either. It's a
meaningless assertion to make. I called you ignorant of the
C/C++/D compilation model because you were being excessively
confrontational even though your question was really more fit for
dm.D.learn than anything. It isn't a personal attack, either, not
sure why you'd take it that way.

> While I appreciate the help of some people on here, it seems
> this forum is populated at least 50% by complete cocks. Also,
> as it stands, D is NOT USABLE for any serious purpose (such as
> writing an application); and I'm not prepared to put up with
> the level of abuse and trolling that's coming my way. You may
> notice I insulted nobody who didn't insult me first.
>
> I don't mind a bit of banter and bad language, but I draw the
> line at personal attacks. Either they stop or I do.

With rampant hyperbole like this, you're only worsening the
statistic you mentioned. You've been doing this in nearly every
post you've made on this NewsGroup. You're definitely not going
to have a pleasant experience at this rate. I'd like to engage in
constructive conversation about any issue you may have with D and
the D ecosystem, but you're hardly making it easy for us.