runtime hook for Crash on Error

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:30:47 PDT 2012

On 06/01/12 19:59, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 13:50:16 -0400, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2012 5:29 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> No. What we need is a non-throwing version of malloc that returns NULL.
>>
>> We have it. It's called "malloc"!
>
> Oh sorry, I meant *GC.malloc* :)

auto GC_malloc(size_t s) nothrow { void *p; try p = GC.malloc(s); catch {} return p; }

Which isn't ideal, but probably good enough - it's not like OOM will happen
often enough that the exception overhead matters.
The various implicit allocations will be more problematic, once GC.malloc
starts to fail.

artur