Exception/Error division in D

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jun 1 12:56:16 PDT 2012

On Friday, June 01, 2012 20:14:45 deadalnix wrote:
> We are talking about runing scope statement and finally when unwiding
> the stack, not trying to continue the execution of the program.

Except that that _is_ continuing execution. It's only running cleanup code,
but if the program state is invalid, it can't assume that it's any safer to
run that code than the code following whatever caused the Error.

And if you _really_ need that cleanup code to run, then you need to find other
ways to make sure that it happens anyway (either that or you need to find a way
to make it so that it doesn't need to happen), because your program could be
killed for external reasons outside of your control.

- Jonathan M Davis