runtime hook for Crash on Error

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jun 1 13:57:03 PDT 2012

On 6/1/2012 1:14 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> nothrow is not argument of itself. I've yet to see argument for
> what it gives us that so important.

What nothrow gives is mechanically checkable documentation on the possible
results of a function.

 > (C++ didn't have proper nothrow for ages, it did worked somehow)

C++ is infamous for not being able to look at the signature of a function and
glean much useful information on what its inputs, outputs, and side effects are.
This makes it highly resistant to analysis.