[Proposal] Additional operator overloadings for multidimentional indexing and slicing

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Mon Jun 4 02:57:06 PDT 2012

On 03/06/12 19:31, tn wrote:
> On Friday, 1 June 2012 at 01:57:36 UTC, kenji hara wrote:
>> I'd like to propose a new language feature to D community.
>> This patch is an additional enhancement of opDollar (issue 3474 and
>> #442).
>

> Sounds awesome. However, the name opDollar should be changed to
> something like opSize, opLength, opEnd or almost anything else
> than the current name.

opDollar is a pretty awful name but nobody could come up with something
that is less awful. At least it is not confusing. Everybody instantly
knows what it does.
For built-in arrays $ is the length and the size, but that isn't
generally true.

Wish we had a better name, but opLength isn't it, and nor is opSize.
opEnd might be the best of those three, but it kinda sounds like
something to do with ranges.