GitHub for Windows

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 12:14:20 PDT 2012

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:30:07 -0400, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> Ouch. I haven't had virus problems on my XP system (knock on wood...),
> but
> my sister's had a lot of virus trouble on her Win7 machine (and guess who
> had to fix the fucking thing every time...) Of course, my dad had a lot
> of
> virus trouble on his old XP machne (and again, guess who got to fix the
> goddamn thing), but then again, he's an idiot and does all sorts of
> stupid
> shit like click on ads, and give the advertiser pages his phone number
> when
> they ask for it, and doing all that *despite* noticing that it all seemed
> fishy, and god knows what else that he *hasn't* told me about. Colossal
> fucking moron.

Hehe, I think all of us here have similar stories.

My in-laws have vista, and after I had to reinstall their computer due to
malware messing up some internal microsoft services, I told them either
they find someone else to help them with the computer, or agree to be
non-admin users on their system.  Now only I have admin privileges, and
things have gone much smoother since then.

Unfortunately, malware can still fuck up your IE profile.

-Steve