Making generalized Trie type in D

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Mon Jun 4 14:56:30 PDT 2012

On Monday, 4 June 2012 at 21:39:50 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On 05.06.2012 1:16, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> I believe that once encoidng is established your compiler tool
> should use the best code for that encoding. And that means
> templates,  tailored per encoding in my book.
> If anything I plan to use Tries on strings without decoding
> codepoint, just using length of it (as first stage, might need
> some tweak).
Will it be difficult to adapt your API for immutable tries? E.g.,
it is not possible to implement immutable sequence (linked list)
as a range, so range API doesn't fit that (but could with a tweak
- returning tail instead of mutating in popFront). If trie API
will have similar problems, then I need to invent my own. I
understand that immutability is not your priority for GSoC,
though.