Windows 2000 support

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:22:32 PDT 2012

On 06.06.2012 6:09, tim krimm wrote:

> BTW - I am posting from a Windows 2000 machine.
> Windows 2000 is handed for older machines.
> It is also good for bare bone machines from tiger direct.
> Yes I also use linux on these machines in dual boot mode.

Using outdated OS to connect to the internet is one of biggest mistakes
ever. For instance doesn't W2k happen to have this so convenient for
malware IE6 ? ;) + There are various security breaches that nobody will
fix ASAP anymore.

> I have several old legal licensed copies.
> I can fairly easily install and uninstall windows 2000.
> I do not have to deal with Microsoft's registration headaches.
> Believe it or not I had a customer that required windows 98 support last
> year.

What can I say try updating it at least to XP that still enjoys security
fixes(?)

--
Dmitry Olshansky