Are programs/OSes written in D more secure than programs written in C/C++?

J.Varghese unnecessary at unknown.com
Wed Jun 6 15:04:26 PDT 2012

I'm sure most of you have heard of the recent increase of high
profile hacking and security violations. The PlayStation Network,
RSA, LinkedIn, (today) and thousands of lower profile attacks.
The Flame trojan also marks the rise of highly sophisticated
state-sponsored cyberweapons.

I'm not a programmer, so can someone explain this to me: Will
programs and operating systems written in D be safer (I speak of
both memory safety and security bugs) than existing operating
systems written in C and C++? If so, what features and attributes
of D make this the case? How much safer is it? Would it be
possible to identify all the bugs in an OS written in D (within a
reasonable timeframe) or is that still a pipedream?

Thanks for replying. I have followed the development of D for a
while. I just want to know how much safer D is than other
languages. Curiosity and all that.