Are programs/OSes written in D more secure than programs written in C/C++?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Thu Jun 7 02:31:06 PDT 2012

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 06:47:05 +0100, Mehrdad <wfunction at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> LINQ isn't exactly susceptible to SQL injection. :P
>>
>> LINQ can't mutate the state of the DB, only query it. LINQ far from
>> covers everything.
>
> True enough, although it's not too difficult to imagine an extension of
> LINQ where that is indeed possible.
>
> Nonetheless, the following /is/ called "LINQ to SQL" (why, I don't know):

I've done some work with LINQ to SQL recently.  The reason that is labeled
as such is that the DataContext object which is used in those examples is
one generated by the LINQ architecture from a SQL database.  So, while
this has nothing to do with LINQ style statements in code, it is related
to the objects those statements are used on/with. :)