wxD bindings

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Jun 7 14:18:57 PDT 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012 19:55:09 +0200
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Andrej,

thank you very much for your response...

> I was busy doing another rewrite of my codebase since it was getting
> rather large and too specific for wxwidgets (lots and lots of doxygen
> workarounds). Doxygen files for handwritten interfaces are full of
> missing information so this wasn't going anywhere (I've made about 65
> fixes myself but this was already getting tiring

Yeah, I was following wx Trac for some time. :-)

> So right now I'm writing a generic C++ wrapper generator, not specific
> to wxwidgets.

Will it be usable for C libs as well?

> I can still extract type info from doxygen xml (as long
> as the xml was generated from actual header files unlike in
> wxwidgets), but I've also added support for gccxml (the cvs version is
> mostly up-to-date and it actually works for wxWidgets). I should be
> able to add support for clang later on, by outputting its typeinfo to
> xml.

It sounds very good.

> Since I've made the codegen generic enough it should be possible to
> output swig interface files instead of directly generating code. I'll
> experiment with this once I'm done with my own codegen feature.

Interesting...I'm really curious to try it out.

> Anyway I really have no idea whether I'll have wxWidgets bindings any
> time soon but I think I'll put the code generator online in a few
> weeks.

Thank you very much.

> Work is still in progress, need more time!

Do you envision that your generator could be used for something like Qt
as well? (Personally, I'm more inclined to wxWidgets due to its native
look, but D is really starving with stable & maintained GUI bindings.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion
bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered,