C++Now! 2012 slides

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:46:29 PDT 2012

On 08.06.2012 0:46, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On 07.06.2012 20:04, bearophile wrote:
>> The slide packs of the conference C++Now! 2012 are available:
>> https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2012
>>

> Thanks, nice stuff for my brain to chew on.

Continuing observing pages, noting apparent C++ 11 decadence. Yeah, they
did an amazing job, but there is a ton of problems yet to fix.
(most things are "we should have had this long ago but here it is...")

Now imagine the size of language once it has modules, new concepts and
some fresh kitchen sink library additions... On top of all that a sign :
"here be backwards compatibility".

Anyway, other thoughts:
- C++11 allocators - interesting, how do our upcoming compare with it?
At least we should have more freedom in design.

- It's fun to see M$ guy give a talk about regex. Last time I checked
their STL it was a bleak shadow of boost ones in terms of performance
(why not just copy good stuff if you can't get it right?)

- about metaparse - It's quite delightful to see how these guys have to
bend themselves in a suicide acrobatics to get C++ to parse DSL at
compile time. Best slides ever :)

--
Dmitry Olshansky