Are programs/OSes written in D more secure than programs written in C/C++?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Jun 7 22:52:51 PDT 2012

"J.Varghese" <unnecessary at unknown.com> wrote in message
news:vcmamxcuyhiqigjrqnxf at forum.dlang.org...

> If I was comparing a C/C++ OS versus an identical OS written in D, do you
> have estimates for many fewer bugs the D OS will have? 20% fewer minor
> bugs? 50% fewer critical bugs? Is that even the right question to ask?

It's not that predictable. It all depends on the code, the programmers, the
way the project's managed, all sorts of very non-quantifiable things.
There's a lot about D that makes it easier to write code that's less buggy,
and less prone to certain security issues, etc., but it's not something that
can really be quantified like that, regardless of what two languages you're
comparing.