should pure functions accept/deal with shared data?

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 00:00:48 PDT 2012

but it makes no sense to cripple an feature like pure half-way - pure is
clean and well defined (still not perfect) - but you talking about
making it very stupid and sensless "'incorrectness' of it is harmless
in practice" ... "Yes, they can be used incorrectly, but I'd expect
anybody working with shared to know what they're doing" - no they don't
- sorry, haven't you any real experience in the threading world or why
don't you see the problems introdcing shared in pure